Digital Prints

Bradford City Transport

The first municipal bus operated in Bradford was in 1926 and was an A.E.C. 413 type and fitted with a 35 hp petrol engine and were finished in Prussian blue and ivory.

Subsequent purchases included Leyland Lions and Titans and a number of Bristol B models fitted with Bristol bodies. For a long period the city fathers remained loyal to A.E.C. and Daimlers many of the latter being fitted with the ledgendary Gardner 6LW diesel engine.  45 Leyland PD2/3 models were received during 1949 and 1950 but A.E.C. remained the most favoured manufacturer up to about 1964.

 

After the war a much lighter shade of blue- South Sea Blue-and primrose was adopted to bring a little light relief against a backdrop of dark satanic mills.(We don't have mills anymore- just shops selling goods made abroad!!)

BRA001

Starting from: £3.95

BRA002

Starting from: £3.95

BRA003

Starting from: £3.95

BRA004

Starting from: £3.95

BRA005

Starting from: £3.95

BRA006

Starting from: £3.95

BRA007

Starting from: £3.95