Digital Prints

Black And White Motorways

In 1926, George Readings began operations under the title of Black & White Luxury Coaches Ltd opening a garage in the

rather splendid Regency town of Cheltenham, which eventually became synominous with the company. The present name of Black & White Motorways was registered in 1928, but in 1930 the company was sold to the Birmingham & Midland Motor Omnibus Co for £100,000, which subsequently sold 40% of the concern to Bristol Tramways and Carriage Co., and 20% to City of Oxford Motor Services.

Vehicles operated over the years were many and varied and included such names as:- A.E.C., Bristol, Daimler, Gilford, Guy and Leyland.

There are just 3 images available at the moment but more are being planned.

 

BLW001

Starting from: £3.95

BLW002

Starting from: £3.95

BLW003

Starting from: £3.95